Barblog

Image Map

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (10): Authors I've Read The Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the top ten authors I've read the most books from.


10)Alyson Noel



I've read the first five books in The Immortals series by Alyson Noel and while I did initially love the series when I started it in form one (five years ago), I think I may have outgrown the world and the characters. That, and I think that my reading tastes have developed, especially since I've started blogging and reading more and I realized that these books aren't that great. I still love the first 4 books and will not discredit my enjoyment of them but I did not like the fifth one and I don't think I will continue on. ;(


9)Roald Dahl

Roald Dahl books were my childhood, I love his writing so much! All of his books are super funny and quirky and I just ADORE them. I've read seven of his books (probably more but I forget). inclusive of his autobiography and I must say that my favourite by far is Matilda.


8)J.K Rowling 




I read the Harry Potter series when I was like 12 or 13 and I love these books so much! I've read all seven and I'm in dire need of a reread because I've only read them once.


7)Rick Riordan 



I've read the entirety of the Percy Jackson series and three books from The Heroes of Olympus series, bringing my Rick Riordan count to 8. I really want to read more of his novels because I've loved all that I've read so far.


6) Cassandra Clare



Cassandra Clare–wise, I've read the first 4 novels of The Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices Trilogy, A Mortal Intruments Novella and The Iron Trial which was co–written by her. So...9 books.


5)Matsuro Hino

Sorry, at this point I got really lazy and didn't want to format a bunch of pics into this part of the post, especially since these Manga Volumes all look the same. If you don't know who Matsuro Hino is, she is the artist who created the Vampire Knight manga series of which I've read 10 volumes. 10 phenomenal, beautiful volumes. I really need to continue on, it's been years. *sigh*



4)Richelle Mead

The Vampire Academy Series and The Bloodlines Series are two of my favourite series which you all probably know so I've read 12 of Richelle Mead's books. But...I've also read the VA series twice so technically while I've only still read 12, I've experienced this author 18 times. Yikes.

3)Stephenie Meyer


You're probably wondering why Stephenie Meyer is so high up on my list? I mean, the woman's only written five books. Yes, very true but I've read the entire Twilight Saga cover to cover five times so that's five books by five times. 25 twilight books plus my one, mind numbingly boring read of The Host means that I can technically say that I've experienced this author's writing 26 times. 



2)Elisabetta Gnone 


Don't even know an exact figure of how many graphic novels I've read by Elisabetta Gnone because I've read a lot! The W.I.T.C.H series was one of the first graphic novel series that I've ever experienced. I read it in standard 4 (I was maybe 9 or 10) and I devoured it! I really want to get physical copies of all the books though because when I read it, I had borrowed it from the library. Seriously guys, this series is BAE.


1)Carolyn Keene 


Again, another author (or group of authors because it's a pseudonym) where I can't tell you how much exactly I've read from them because I've read a crap ton! I'm such a fangirl for Nancy Drew, I've read most of the books, I've watched adaptations and I've even bought a few of the role playing video games! I love the series a lot and I doubt that will change! Again, I really need to buy physical copies of the books because I read them from the library and borrowed them from friends.



 Which authors made your list? Comment down below and tell me! Until my next blog post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!