Barblog

Image Map

Monday, 31 August 2015

Making Up For Monday #16: My Favourite Non-Bookish Hobby




Description: Each week I will have a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week, go to your own blog, write a post that day based on that question, and link your post to this one using the link up tool at the bottom of the post.



This week's question: What is your favourite hobby (outside of reading)?

This is my second time re-writing this post because the first time I forgot to save it and my laptop screwed up and deleted my draft. I'm telling you all this so you'll know that if my writing is a bit abrupt in this post, it's because 1)I'm irritated at myself and my computer for deleting something I worked hard on and 2) I want nothing more than to crawl into a comfortable ditch and just lay there for a few hours. Other than that, enjoy!

I've taken part in a variety of hobbies over the years, inclusive of lawn tennis, table tennis, Anime club, volleyball, karate etc. but none of them have held my interest for very long. I think I just grew out of them and I keep kicking myself to try out some new things but outside of blogging and reading, there really is little or no time leftover for anything else.

I was tempted to list 'Marathoning TV series' as a hobby because I am obsessed with binge-watching anything and everything. Instead, I decided to choose something a bit more practical: learning new languages.

I love language, every aspect of it and I've become more serious in learning them. Currently, I'm studying both Spanish and Portuguese and I love them both. Spanish I've been learning for 5 years and Portuguese I started literally a week ago. It makes me super happy to learn about the cultures of other people and I hope to become fluent in both languages one day.




What is your favourite hobby? Comment, comment, comment! Until my next blog post, I love you guys to...infinity and beyond!