Barblog

Image Map

Monday, 27 July 2015

EXCITING NEWS + A TO Z BOOKISH SURVEY

Hello everyone! I have some really exciting news!

Suspense
...

...

...

...

...

I am now a co-blogger for Bookish Babes with three other lovely ladies! My excitement level right now is through the roof! The blog is still in the early phases and there are still a bunch of design and schedule decisions to be made but I just thought I'd share this piece of info with you all because it is something I genuinely care about. I'll be updating you constantly in the future about this development so stay tuned, more is coming!

Now, onto the second thing that I am really excited for: The A TO Z Bookish Survey!

It was created by Jamie @ Perpetual Page Turner and is just what is sounds like, a survey with questions corresponding to each letter of the alphabet, a chance for you to get to know me better...HERE WE GO!








Author you've read the most books from:
Probably Richelle Mead. I've read the entirety of her Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series so...12 books.

Best. Sequel Ever:
Champion by Marie Lu. Hands down. Have you read that book? It was fantastic, the most epic conclusion to a trilogy I've ever read!

Currently Reading:
The Young Elites by Marie Lu. 

Drink of Choice While Reading:
I don't typically drink (or eat) anything while reading because I'm super clumsy and terrified of stuff spilling but in the off-chance that I do, it's probably just plain ol' water or a nice cup of green tea.

E-reader or Physical Book:
Physical book all the way! Nothing compares to the feel of a physical book in hand.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:
Well, I probably would've dated Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars , Leo from the Heroes of Olympus series or Apollon from the E series. I love nerds. You probably already know that I am a nerd myself so I think my personality would align to any one of those boys. There're funny and sweet and huggable. Also, side note, I'm still in High School so *fingers crossed* I meet my Isaac, Leo or Apollon.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Martian by Andy Weir. I finished it a few days ago and ASDFGHJKL guys! It's so good! Review coming soon!

Hidden Gem Book:
The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgwick! I read this book back in 2010 and I'm shocked that more people don't rave about it because it is amazing! It is a historical fiction novel  set during World War about this girl who has the ability to foreshadow the death of others.

Important Moment In Your Reading Life:
Reading the Twilight Saga. It's the series that helped me make the transition from Middle Grade books to YA books and here I am. :)

Just Finished:
The Martian by Andy Weir.

Kind of Books You Won't Read:
Probably books that are intentionally blasphemous against God or another religion's Deity. Sorry, not about the disrespect. I believe in loving and respecting everyone for who they are and what they believe in. 

Longest Book You've Read:
I want to say Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer which is 756 pages long but I'm honestly not sure and I don't keep track of Goodreads  well enough to check so I'm sticking with that answer.

Major Book Hangover Because Of:
Champion by Marie Lu! I lost my ability to read for days after finishing that one.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
I own one bookcase and I am afraid I'm in need of another one because it is one book away from being filled completely.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
I love to re-read books because I am super forgetful of details and sometimes I just want to relive the world and the characters who dwell there. The series that I've re-read the most though is The Twilight Saga which I've read a whopping 5 times.

Preferred Place To Read:
On my bed. Specifically, laying on my side with my book in front of me and my pillow propped underneath my elbow.

Quote that Inspired You/ Gave You All The Feels From A Book That You've Read:
I'm really horrible at remembering to jot down quotes so sorry, no answer for this one.

Reading Regret:
Not reading A Series of Unfortunate Events as a child. I really should have committed to it then because while I really want to read it now, it's super long and I just have so many books I want to read.

Series You Started and Need To Finish (All Books Are Out In The Series):
The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. I started it last year...or the year before that? I own the first two books and I remember enjoying first one but I can't remember what it was about so I'll probably have to re-read it.

Three of Your All-Time Favourite Books:
Matilda by Roald Dahl, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Anything Twilight-related.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel. I loved the first book in this series so much and absolutely CANNOT wait to get my hands on the second one.

Worst Bookish Habit:
Probably putting a book down (even a great one) and not picking it up for days on end. I don't know why I do this, it's an awful habit that I need to quit.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick which I have yet to read. I tried then I put it back down.

Your Latest Book Purchase:
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. 

ZZZ-Snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
I don't often stay up late, even to read because I am the type of person whose body begins shutting down after 8 P.M but I recently read The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead until 12 at night which isn't that crazy but still. I needed to know how the series ended!




Hope you enjoyed this post, everyone! I know I enjoyed writing it! And I also hope that you are as excited as I am about this new blogging venture. Though I should note, it will in no way affect me posting here because this is my main blog, it is my baby and needs to be nurtured. Until my next blog post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!