Barblog

Image Map

Sunday, 14 June 2015

The End of the Apocalypse, The Start of the War! AHHHHH! (4)

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.This meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.


The title for this blog post might have been a slight exaggeration or the complete truth. In any case, I have been going through the motions and we, my friends, have a lot of catching up to do.

  • First of all, can we talk about how satisfying it feels to have my exams be over and done with? Can we bask in the fact that I now have just under three months of complete and total freedom. I am free to sleep in (though I never do that, I'm an early bird), I actually have time to work out now, I can read more and happiness is in the air. I would attribute my current emotional status to that of a valiant hero slaying the final zombie subsequently ending the apocalypse and allowing the human race to survive. Hyperbole, yes but you catch my drift.
  • This next point surely counteracts my last point about freedom because...I'm thinking about getting a job! Yay for independence and working but nay for the fact that this job (in a grocery store, perhaps) might be potentially mind-numbingly boring and diminish my free time. Then, there's also the fact that for the job that I want, you need to create a resume which is way out of my league. Whoa, I am a zebra bred and raised in captivity released into the foreign wild. I have no clue what I am diving into but like everything else that I have done, I am going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'll keep you all posted on this particular topic.
  • Next thing to happen to me this week. Brace yourselves...I created a Facebook page for my blog. This might not seem like such a big deal to a lot of people but it is to me. Essentially what I did was alert all of my friends and also people who aren't my friends to the fact that I own and manage a blog. Before, this was something so private, a hobby that I kept locked up tight and now I put it out there for everyone who knows me to see and honestly, it is scary. At the same time though, it is liberating. I no longer have this double life, this secret that makes me uncomfortable every time people bring it up. I am happy with my decision to create it and I stand by it. Please, please, please like my page ( http://www.facebook.com/wereallbookishhere )! It will be much appreciated. I will be posting a lot on it, sometimes with a lot of things that I don't include here, simply because I do not have the time. It will also serve as a way for me to interact more with all of you!
  • I got accepted into the Vengeance Road posse which, if you don't know, is a street team whose main purpose is to promote the book Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman. The synopsis of this novel sounds mind-blowing. It is a Young Adult western and there's murder mixed in there so I am so excited to have been chosen to participate on this team. Follow the posse's twitter
  • BLOG POSTS LAST WEEK
    BLOG POSTS THIS WEEK...HOPEFULLY
    • Review: Lois Lane Fallout by Gwenda Bond
    • Review: Evolution by Kate Wrath
    • Review: Eden by Kate Wrath (fingers crossed I can make this happen)
    • Discussion post
    • Yet Another Discussion Post
    • Top Ten Tuesday Post
    THINGS TO FOLLOW
     
                                                          We're All Bookish Here
                                                     We're All Bookish Here
What about you guys? What was your week like? Comment down below and let me know! Until my next blog post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!