Barblog

Image Map

Saturday, 13 June 2015

Stacking The Shelves (8): Signed Books!

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews that allows us to highlight the books that we've acquired throughout the week.

Hello everyone!

During my hiatus, I did not actually purchase any books and I want to proclaim that the reason behind that was my total focus on exams but the truth is, I am trying to save for two things: a new camera and for food. Is that weird that I am saving money for food? Slight. Let me explain. I'm on a fitness kick, one that I am hoping will become normal and an integral part of my life and if you've ever tried to get healthy before, then you'd know that healthy food is REALLY expensive so yes, I'm saving for food. Though I did not buy books during this period of time, I did win three giveaways which is pretty awesome! Even awesomer (yep, I just made that a word), they're all personalized to me by the authors.

Side notes:
1) This book haul is just for my period of hiatus and anything that I bought or received after this time but before this post was uploaded will be included in next week's post. Was that confusing? I hope not.
2) I apologize in advance for my crappy af photography. Like I mentioned before, I need a new camera so...forgive me. :)

That is all. Hope you enjoy reading this and seeing the books that I won. Comment down below and tell me what books you've added to your bookshelves in the past week! Until my next blog post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!



WOOT, WOOT!

And look at the beautiful spines!

And now, INDIVIDUALLY! :)
I've wanted to read Angel for so long. Bypassing the creepy and mysterious cover, it sounds intriguing and though I have had no luck with any Angel books before, I'm hoping that this one is different.


                                           
Don't you just love when you remove the dust jacket of a hardcover book and the underneath is not some plain, solid colour and it's a repeat of what's on the dust jacket? Because I do. I really do. I think I only have one other book that's like this and I love this. Also, I love the premise of this novel. It is, quite simply, a contemporary superhero retelling revolving around Lois Lane in her teens and I believe that she is the hero and Clark Kent might be her sidekick. I'm not too sure but that's what I got from the back. I love superheroes and Marvel so I think that I will enjoy this one.

Before we even talk about how excited I am to read I am Her Revenge or how eerie I think the cover is, could we talk about the fact that this hardcover book is not only signed by the author but is also annotated? Besides that, Meredith included a signed bookmark, bookplate and signed cards with gorgeous illustrations. I think the fact that the novel is annotated is fitting because I only recently got into annotating my books and I love doing it so I'm happy that I get to read the author's personal annotations. I do not know much about this novel to be honest, just that it was an April release and that it centers around a girl going to a boarding school to get revenge for her mother. Idk, it sounds cool, I'm excited to read it.

Won
PB Angel by L.A Weatherly (Angel #1)
HC Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond (Lois Lane #1)
HC I am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I really need to get a copy of Lois Lane: Fallout. I Am Her Revenge sounds really good! Enjoy your new books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Fallout looks amazing! I love superhero type books so will definitely be picking that one up. Good luck with your savings! :)

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of Fallout, I love Gwenda Bond's books! I understand about saving money. I have to so that I can fix my air conditioner, plus because I want to go to a big convention in Orlando in June 2016.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)