Barblog

Image Map

Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Currently Reading: Kings, Ravens, Sexy Overlords and MORE

Hey, guys! Long time, no blog post. Actually, it wasn't that long ago, Monday but it feels longer because I can't really remember the last time I truly sat down and invested hours of my time just writing and I partially blame that on school and also, distractions in the form of TV and internet. I have been reading though, quite a bit, in my spare time. It has been a goal of mine for some time to eliminate all the books that I have been sent for review (by reviewing them, I mean not actually zapping them and making them go away) and I have been trying to do that, slowly but surely. Anyway, let me stop blabbering and show you the worlds that I am currently exploring.



CURRENTLY READING

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Hold on a moment while I flail with joy. I love this book so much and I'm not even finished with it yet. The premise of the novel is very strange, admittedly, and it takes some getting used to as it mainly focuses on magical realism and interchanges often in third person point of view between the main characters. Moving past the first fifty pages or so of initial confusion and anxious interest, you are sucked in by the ridiculously ridiculous story, the insane plot twists and the strong but somehow delicate characters who steal your heart and make every page better than the last. I am about 3/4 way through this one and I am dreading when the book comes to an end. I know it's a series but I am trying not to buy books! A review will probably be up by the end of the week. :)

Evolution by Kate Wrath. I am not sure how many of you remember but a couple of months ago, I reviewed the first book in this series and I loved it to pieces. It was phenomenal and I was super stoked that the author, Kate, (who is lovely) sent me an eARC of the second book. E, the first book, was such an original and amazing dystopian novel filled with so much action (and a sexy if a bit overbearing tyrant named Matt). I feel like more people need to know about this series because it is so mind-blowing! I started Evolution a couple of days ago and it literally feels like the part of me that was missing, that was still stuck in this world with these characters has been restored. It picks up right where the first book left off. SO. MUCH. ACTION. I'm only a few chapters in and I already know I am going to love it!

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Prepare for a pathetic statement. I am in the same place on this audiobook that I was in four months ago when I last updated you guys on what I was reading. I feel horrible because the book itself is really good, I am enjoying it so far, it's just that audiobooks take time that I do not have. I praise you if you're one of those people who can listen to a book while simultaneously doing your daily tasks but I cannot and trust me, I've tried. I'll carry out the task just fine but I'll miss a lot of what's happening in the novel as I will not be able to concentrate. I only have an hour and a half left so hopefully, I'll make the time and hurry up and review it for you guys.


Those are all the books that I'm reading at the moment. What about you guys? Comment down below and tell me what world you're currently engrossed in! Until my next blog post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you like Evolution so far. :) The Raven Boys sounds seriously tantalizing, but my backlist is huge, too. What's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)