Barblog

Image Map

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #8: The Rose Society by Marie Lu (The Young Elites #2)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title:The Rose Society
Author:Marie Lu
Publisher:GP Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Publication Date:October 6th, 2015



Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers that murdered her love, the Crown Prince Enzo Valenciano.

But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?



MY PRE-READ THOUGHTS
It was such a struggle to copy and paste the description of this novel while also, trying not to read it because I haven't read the first book in this series yet. I hauled The Young Elites on Saturday and while I have yet to read it, I'm still pumped for the release of the second one. I loved the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. I am in awe of her writing style and her ability to build amazing worlds and characters that I inevitably grow attached to. I cannot WAIT to start this new series and I just really love the covers of these books!

So what books are you guys waiting eagerly on? Comment down below and share them with me! Until my next post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!



6 comments:

  1. I still haven't read The Young Elites...but I have it and I really need to get started on it! I have some time. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to jump into this world as well! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. YES!! Can't wait for this book, too! I've read and loved The Young Elites and I'm so excited for the next book. :) Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW .

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first time seeing this cover and I love it! The excitement is in the air, thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-winter.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)