Barblog

Image Map

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #7: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (The Dregs #1)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title:Six of Crows
Author:Leigh Bardugo
Publisher:Henry Holt and Company
Publication Date:October 6th, 2015
Pages:320



Game of Thrones meets Ocean's Eleven in this brand-new book in the world of the Grisha by New York Times-bestselling author Leigh Bardugo.

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.



MY PRE-READ THOUGHTS
Two things. Firstly, no, I have not read Shadow and Bone yet even though I hauled it a couple of months ago. But I will, eventually. Secondly, I don't know what Ocean's Eleven is but I know what Game of Thrones is. I LOVE it and I watch it (need to read it) and am literally dying for the fifth season to come out and that was enough for me to know that I needed this book in my life! It actually seems more up my alley than Shadow and Bone, honestly. It seems like there will be action and quite frankly, the main character, from the synopsis, seems a lot like Day from Legend in that he's a criminal, incredibly clever and a legend so...yeah. I need it and I need it now! Why is its release so far away!? On the bright side, it comes out five days after my birthday so I can ask for it as a late b'day present! :)

So what books are you guys waiting eagerly on? Comment down below and share them with me! Until my next post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!



18 comments:

  1. six of crows is a new book to me but this book looks amazing hope you like it. :)
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    NEW FOLLOWER VIA GFC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is so pretty. And i love Game of Thrones. Adding this one!

    My Waiting on Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A fellow GoT lover! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. The Oceans film series is great! Definitely give it a go :)

    I didn't like Shadow and Bone all that much, but I do like when authors write books about other characters in worlds they've created. Maybe I'll have a look at this!
    I'm always skeptical when books are pitched as 'this meets this' though. I don't like comparisons.. :/

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't particularly like comparisons either because they make my expectations for the novel really high and most of the time, I'm disappointed. Like, why can't a book just be "like" itself, I don't really see the need for comparisons but I guess they're used to attract readers.

      I'll definitely give Ocean's Eleven a go and also, now I'm scared to read Shadow and Bone! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. I've not read Shadow and Bone either but a Game of Thrones/Ocean's Eleven mix sounds awesome!

    Check out our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! It sounds like the best thing ever!

      Delete
  5. This is a popular book choice! Sounds like a great read! I hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-unleashing-call.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome choice! I Have heard such amazing things about all of Leigh Bardugo's books though I've never read one of them! I'll have to check this one out when it's released. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Then we can rave about it together!

      Delete
  7. sounds good I havent read her other series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! Excited to try them though. :)

      Delete
  8. I've seen this around lately. I haven't read any of Leigh Bardugo's novels but I've heard great things about them. The cover of this looks awesome! Great pick. :)

    Waiting on Wednesday: Love Fortunes & Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! It's so beautiful! Can't wait for it to come out!

      Delete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Bardugo! She's amazing, saw her at a FIERCE Reads book signing a couple of years ago! Great pick this week!

    Cute Blog! New Follower!

    Diayll - My WoW@Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet her! I follow her on Twitter and she seems like the sweetest person! :) Thanks for following!

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think :)