Barblog

Image Map

Saturday, 28 February 2015

Stacking The Shelves #6: The Really Really Tiny One

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews that allows us to highlight the books that we've acquired throughout the week.

Hey, guys! I have not done one of these posts in quite some time and that is simply because, I haven't been buying any books recently. I've been in a massive reading slump for the past two months and I know that if I buy more books, they'll just sit on my bookshelf, haunting me. This book haul is so insubstantial, I warn you, because is it technically a haul if there's only one book in it? I ordered four books on Amazon and they are on their way but it didn't seem right to "haul" them as they are not mine yet. Hopefully, I get out of my reading slump which is mainly a result of stress from school and I can buy more books! Anyway, let's talk about the thing that you came here to see: the book! I was sent, way back at the beginning of January, a copy of Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid by the lovely people over at Harlequin Teen. Insert beautiful cover below. Ain't it pretty? I've been hearing a lot of things about this novel and it's being compared to Paper Towns by John Green which is one of my all-time favourite contemporaries so I MUST read it! Thank you, Harlequin Teen!

What about you guys? What books have found a home on your bookshelves recently? Comment down below and tell me!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. Reading slumps are hard. I was in one about 8 months ago - and as much as I love to read, nothing kept my attention so I dove into a favorite video game instead. My love of reading came back, full force - but I do know how it feels.

    I only have one book this week too so in my opinion - one book = haul :)

    My STS this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the worst. These days, I'd much rather sit for 5 hours watching TV than read.
      LOL, I guess that settles it. One book IS a haul! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get out of your reading slump. All the great books releasing soon should help. One book counts as a haul...A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, right? I haven't read Let's Get Lost yet, but I've heard good things about it. I hope you enjoy it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too.Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I hate reading slumps. But once you've gotten out of them it's always fun to get a bunch of books from the library or something! I haven't read Let's Get Lost, but I might now that I know it's being compared to Paper Towns. I'm really into realistic fiction right now so it would be a good time to read it. I hope your books from Amazon come soon! :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually eagerly anticipating their arrival because I got some fantastic books!

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I have been meaning to pick this one up for a while now because it sounds so amazing and I love road trip books. I'll have to pick it up soon! I love your blog; I'm a new follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, road trip books are amazing! Thanks for following! :D

      Delete
  5. I also got Let's Get Lost in January from Harlequin Teen, it's probably about time I read, it huh? xD I feel bad for putting it off so long but TIME. It slips through my grasp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing this one around, and I'm looking forward to see what you think about it :)
    Stacking the Shelves - February: Blog || Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw reading slumps :( For me, I tend to be able to pick myself up before it gets too deep but I know how you feel. Sometimes changing the topic, like going into art or music and leaving books for a little bit helps. Sometimes, it makes it worse. It's very dependant on you but I wish you all the best <333

    My Stacking the Shelves + Montly Recap here.

    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! This on's on my list too but I haven't read it yet. Enjoy!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)