Barblog

Image Map

Sunday, 14 December 2014

The Sunday Post #1: Crazy Teachers, The Line Dance + More

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.This meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This week was kind of crazy for me, honestly. It was the last week of school before it closed for Christmas break and of course, while everyone was rejoicing because of this astounding news, I was doing all of the work that I should have done ages ago. My Principles of Accounts teacher literally hunted a bunch of us down and threatened to phone our parents if we didn't turn in our SBA (a project that counts for 20% of our final fifth form grade) and remember that broken laptop that I told you guys about? Well, my SBA was on that so I had to start the entire thing over. But it is done. My schoolwork is completed minus a Physics lab write-up that I will hand in next week when I see my teacher on Monday. Yes, I know, I just said that school was out but my Physics teacher believes that the entire class should come in on Monday and Tuesday only for extra lessons which sucks but I guess it's just two days.

On a happier note, we had our class Christmas lunch on Thursday and it was the most fun I've had all term! It made me happy and sad! Happy because my classmates and I danced and ate and shared in each other's company but sad because we're in fifth form and many of my friends are not returning to my school for sixth form so it was kind of depressing that it was the last real time that we'll all have Christmas lunch together. When we were doing the Line Dance (what you all probably call the Electric slide) which is kind of a class tradition, it just felt so good and I will miss it a lot.

Last Week on the Blog
* Making Up For Monday #10: Why You Ain't A Movie Though?
* Stacking The Shelves #5: Random Books

This Week on the Blog
*2015 Reading Challenges I'm Taking Part In
*Making Up For Monday #11: Shocking Character Deaths
*Book Spotlight:Tabloid Teacher by Dominique Butler and Bella Gioconda by Richard Heket
*Book-to-Movie Review: The Maze Runner by James Dashner
*Review: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
*Mash-up Review: Legend and Prodigy by Marie Lu
*Review: Hagridden by Samuel Snoek Brown??? (not sure about this one)

That was basically my week in a nutshell. How was your week? Tell me in the comments below. I hope that this coming week is even better than the last for all of you. Until my next post, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I do not miss those days of finishing projects and eagerly awaiting the Christmas break. Sounds like you have it all under control. Enjoy your break...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there and sure don't miss the stress. I hope you enjoy your time and and bravo for completing everything!
    Here's my Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/14/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-89-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate stress so much, it makes me want to pull my hair out :)

      Delete
  3. FYI, a lot of characters die in my novel, though I don't know how many of them are shocking. Just thinking about Monday. ;)

    Thanks for considering the book! And no worries if you don't get around to it before the holidays. Which I hope are happy.

    Enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am LOVING it so far! The characters just feel so real and I absolutely adore historical fiction books :D Hopefully, I'll finish it before the holidays.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I don't think I could handle being called in to Physics class on Christmas break! And the nightmare with the laptop-- you poor dear. But a big congrats on getting everything done, and with your normal cheery, can-do attitude, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)