Barblog

Image Map

Sunday, 2 November 2014

Hello November!: Changes, New Schedule, WHAT?!

Hey guys! How are you doing? I am going to keep this intro to a minimum and just get straight to the point. I haven't really been involved in the book blogging world since the beginning of September and at first, it was very easy to blame it all on school and the fact that I am so busy with all the demands of life and fifth form but I can't deny any longer that my absence really has more to do with laziness than anything else. There, I said it! I'm lazy! I love blogging, I love it so so so so so much and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon as it is a massive part of my life.

However, I feel like it has become a major chore for me lately and that does not sit well with me. This is largely to blame on my lack of a posting schedule. When, I first started, it was just something that was fun that I did in my free time without a care in the world and as I became more and more involved, I soon realized how demanding and time-consuming blogging really is. With that being said, I have devised a schedule/blogging plan that I just feel will work for me and will help make blogging feel fun again and that will allow me to not only post but to actually interact a lot more with other members of the book blogosphere.

So here goes!
*Comment on at least 20 blog posts per day with meaningful comments. I am so guilty of being a ghost reader, I read a lot of posts from other bloggers and never comment my thoughts and feels so there never is any real, human socialization and it's weird.

*Tweet/Reply to tweets and emails with a lot more frequency. What can I say? I am not a social human.

*Use the weekend as an opportunity to schedule blog posts for the week instead of slacking off and watching TV.

*Post at least four times each week. This might be difficult but I will make it happen, it will happen!

*Vary the type of blog posts that I write so that they're not singular and are more enjoyable to read.

*Use Goodreads more often because my Goodreads profile has been inactive for like MONTHS!


So, that is my plan, effective from the day this post goes live. I am going to comment, tweet, post and just generally interact more and just get back that feeling of enjoyment and fun that I felt while blogging. I still feel it, just less. Do not fret, though, I am not leaving, you can't get rid of me that easy! Have a lovely day and thank you so much for reading. I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!






6 comments:

  1. Your new blogging plan/schedule looks great, Laquesha. Honestly, I'm guilty of being a lazy blogger/ghost reader/unsocial person too especially recently so I think I might have to devise a blogging plan of my own as well. It's been nice taking blogging easy but I want to be a more productive blogger too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm impressed. That's some schedule! And let me just say, I already get as many posts from you coming to my inbox as from anyone else's blog, so you can't be *that* much of a slacker!

    I like your schedule. Looks amazing. But I've got to say, just remember that everyone will forgive you if you miss a little here and there. Blogging is supposed to be fun, like you said. I don't know about you, but the second I tell myself I *have to* do something, it starts seeming like work. (Of course, you seem wayyyy more organized than me, so... :p...)

    OK, this has been a major sleepy ramble. Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to seeing you around more. Give me a shout on Goodreads, k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, "organized", nope that is definitely not me! :) Sure thing, I will.

      Delete
  3. I feel ya. I've been blogging was less the past few months. I've just been so busy and when I do have free time it does occasionally feel like a chore to blog. But still, I love it and don't want to go anywhere! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)