Barblog

Image Map

Saturday, 1 November 2014

Book Tour Review: Chasing Luck by Brinda Berry (Serendipity #1)

bookreview Rating:image descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage description
Title:Chasing Luck (Serendipity #1)
Author:Brinda Berry
Publisher:Sweet Biscuit Publishing LLC
Publication Date:May 4th 2014
Format:e-book

Goodreads-Amazon

Sometimes surviving doesn’t feel lucky. Especially when you’re a sole survivor...

At the age of seven, Malerie walked away from a bombing that left hundreds dead—including her mother. When a crazed gunman kills her guardian on her eighteenth birthday, Malerie suspects there may be more to her survival than luck. A mysterious code holds the key to her future, and a reluctant white knight holds the key to her heart.

A loner wearing emotional armor…

Ace is a twenty-year-old entrepreneur focusing on two things in life: financial security and a life without ties. A life that doesn't risk losing the ones who matter. When Ace is hired to secretly act as a bodyguard for Malerie, he faces an unwanted attraction that threatens to sabotage his heart. Can Ace find the courage to love a girl with a death wish?

Review
This novel was an amazing and really entertaining one and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I felt a really deep connection with the main character, Malerie, her character was really developed. Also, the writing style of the author was really beautiful and it flowed well. The plot of the story just jumped out and grabbed me.

I think that all of the characters in Chasing Luck were interesting, relatable and memorable but I have to say that I loved Malerie the most. She was my favourite and throughout reading this novel, an indescribable connection was formed, somehow linking me to this character. She is "lucky" or maybe "cursed" as was the lone survivor of a bombing that she lost her mom to and again, when she was shot during gunfire at a restaurant where she lost her uncle; she should have died but didn't. Because of all that she's witnessed, she has a perpetual fear of accidents which is why she's been homeschooled all her life and refuses to leave home to attend college. I don't know why but I just felt for this character, her problems seemed very real and her emotions just gave me all the feels!

The writing style of the author was concise but at the same time, it was extremely descriptive and it flowed really well. It wasn't long and drawn out, like most contemporary books are, it was perfect for the story and I really liked it. Also, I really loved how, at the beginning of each chapter, the author included a quote from Jelly Bean Queen, which was Malerie's favourite band. You guys know how I feel about chapter quotes, they are the best thing of life!

The actual plot of this story was so suspenseful and also very romantic, it had me hanging onto every single word. I enjoyed reading about Ace and Malerie's developing relationship and I can't spoil you guys but everything happens and there are so many plot twists and turns that you will never want to put this book down!

I decided to give this one five cupcakes, I thought that it was an amazing read filled with love and mystery and I would recommend it to just aboout anyone.

P.S Ignore how my navbar is gone atm. It's under reconstruction. K?



Final Sentence of the Book

It's a Jelly Bean Queen Lyric, I have two seconds before Malerie runs into my arms, right where she belongs.

Read if you enjoy...

Love~New Adult~Sassy Main Characters




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Laquesha- Thank you so much for reviewing Chasing Luck! I appreciate readers and book bloggers so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)