Barblog

Image Map

Monday, 27 October 2014

Book Tour Review: The Reason I Stay by Patty Maximini

bookreview Rating:image descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage description
Title:The Reason I Stay
Author:Patty Maximini
Publisher:Self-published
Publication Date:September 10th 2014
Format:e-book

Goodreads-Amazon

Jack Daniels is the cure to all evils.
Sex should be casual and, preferably, anonymous.
Giving a damn is for nurses, philanthropists and suicide hotlines.

My name is Mathew Rogers and those are the values I built my adult life around. They are also the reason I had to forsake everything I loved in Seattle and embark on a solitary road trip across the country, with no direction other than searching for the next small town, the next girl, and the closest liquor store.

Boredom, frustration and a series of unfortunate decisions led me to the rickety-ass town of Jolene, Alabama—a town I wanted to leave behind from the moment I passed the welcome sign. But it was there where I met her. The girl who made me question everything I’ve always believed in, and the only one who has ever had the power to break my heart.

Her name is Lexie.
She’s beautiful, and I’m pretty sure she hates me.
And for once in my life, I give enough of a damn that I keep finding a reason to stay.


Review
I really really really really enjoyed this book! The main characters were so lovable and cute and amazing! The plot of the story was interesting, a little predictable at first but I warmed up to it at about the middle.

Matt was perfection! He was ,at the beginning, a horrible jerk-face with no regard for anyone but himself who felt the need to lash out because of his pain and hurt but I loved him, I loved him so much, mostly because he kind of reminded me of a lot of my favourite male protagonists in young adult literature. He was funny, in a sarcastic-i-wanna-kill-you-kind-of-way but it worked in the story and I loved how he acted around Lexie who was a story by herself. She was not the to-be-expected New Adult category female protagonist. She was sassy,independent and so frustratingly optimistic. I really enjoyed reading about her character from the very beginning. The characters in this novel were just really well-developed and their personalities jumped out at me while reading this novel.

I don't typically read a lot of New Adult fiction that I enjoy because I feel like it's all so cliche and most of the time is based around dull characters who "find their way" throughout the story. I kind of got that vibe from this book when I initially started reading it but the feeling quickly dissipated because I realized that this was anything but cliche. The story was so unique, entertaining and no spoilers but you're in for an amazing ride, one that never stops moving and makes you want to throw up but you'll love it!

Overall, I really enjoyed this read, it was fantastic and I think that all of you guys should read it because it takes the New Adult genre and really makes it into something special and memorable. With that being said, I decided to give this one 5 cupcakes.

P.S Ignore how my navbar is gone atm. It's under reconstruction. K?



Final Sentence of the Book

He winks and I smile.

Read if you enjoy...

Love~New Adult~Sassy Main Characters




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book with a lot of great character building and personalities! And Matt sounds like a character I have to meet! >.< Great review, Laquesha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read this book for awhile now. I hear such great thing about it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)