Barblog

Image Map

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #4: Authors that I NEED to Read More Books From


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks' topic is the top ten authors that I've only read one book from but NEED to read more.

Authors!


1)Tahereh Mafi

I read Shatter Me and Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi (not counting Destroy Me as a book because it was a novella) and they didn't live up to my extremely high expectations but they were still really good reads with potential for growth and improvement as the trilogy progressed so I really need to get my hands on the other books in the trilogy.

2)Marie Lu

I read Legend back in February, I think and it became my love and since then, I haven't continued on with the series. I just didn't get around to picking them up but not to worry, I have ordered the last two books of the trilogy from Amazon and they are on their way!

3)Libba Bray

I read Going Bovine by Libba Bray two, maybe three years ago and I hated most of it but I loved the ending. I hear really great things about her other books though and I'm just hoping that they're better than this one. Maybe Going Bovine just didn't agree with me.

4)Scott Westerfeld

I read Uglies, again, maybe 2 or 3 years ago and I really, really enjoyed it. Why the hell did I not pick up the rest of the series? I have no clue. Also, I was really close to reading his Leviathan trilogy and for some reason, I just didn't. I need to get a move on and read more of his books because I hear amazing things.

5)Ally Carter

Heist Society was my love, is my love! I haven't finished the trilogy yet and I really need to, not only read that, but read more of Ally Carter's work.

6)Ann Aguirre

The only book that I've read from Ann Aguirre is Enclave and I really enjoyed it. I need to finish this trilogy and also move on to her other books because I'd heard a ton about her New Adult novels, as well as her newest novel, Mortal Danger.

7)David Levithan

I know that I need to read something from David Levithan because I hear really good things but I'm super hesitant because the last book I read that was co-written by him and Rachel Cohn, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, I hated. I honestly cannot explain how much I did not like that book but if you want you can check out my review of it. Everything about it made me want to bang my head against a wall. However, I still want to read more from this author because I don't want to judge him by a book that he didn't fully write himself. I'm hoping that his other books are good and that this one was just a result of his and Rachel's writing styles not being compatible.

8)Rae Carson

Because I read The Girl of Fire and Thorns a year ago and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!


9)Dan Wells

I completed Partials last year and I loved it so I need to finish the rest of the trilogy and move onto Dan Well's other books which sound amazing, as well.


10)Meg Cabot

I read a random book from Meg Cabot's All American Girl series last year and I really loved it. I plan, in the near future, to finish that series and also to finish the Princess Diaries series :)

6 comments:

  1. LOL I should read at least one book by Ann as I've been meaning to. I really want to though. Also David is anther author I have heard amazing things about. I hope you'll get to read their books soon. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so bad about Girl of Thorns. I read it like years ago and gave it a five star review, but I never got around to the sequels for some reason...

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I haven't read them either. I know I will enjoy them, it's just too much work. Hopefully, I'll read them soon, though.

      Delete
  3. Dan Wells is amazing! I really love his Serial Killer seires. I've read Partials and Fragments, but still have to get onto Ruins. xD OH and YES FOR TAHEREH MAFI! I really didn't like Shatter Me, but then I read the second too and adjsfakld. There is so much win there. Kenji. You have to meet Kenji. ^-^ I also need to finish Ally Carter's books. I've read the first 3 Gallagher Girl books, but I need to finish!
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read Shatter Me and I also want to read more of Tahereh Mafi!


    My TTT

    Isabel @ liberamans

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)