Barblog

Image Map

Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #1: Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks' topic is the top ten books that people constantly tell me that I MUST read.

Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me I Must Read. In no particular order, here they are!


1)The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Everyone and their mother has read this series and loved it! It's about aliens and apparently a really sexy guy named Daemon Black. I love aliens and I also love really sexy guys so this is like right up my alley, I don't know why I haven't picked it up yet.


2)Anna and the French Kiss Companion Novel Trilogy by Stephanie Perkins

I am not a hardcore contemporary reader and I think that the reason that I've held off buying and reading this trilogy is the fact that it just doesn't seem like something I would normally read and enjoy. A lot of people seem to love it and it is recommended to me on an almost daily basis so I think that I will be checking it out soon.


3)My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Again, same thing as Anna and the French Kiss, it's not something I would read normally but it's always recommended to me so I'll probably most likely pick it up sometime in the near future.


4)Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.

I have been wanting to read this book so badly, it just seems so freakin' awesome! It has been recommended to me countless times and...the protagonist is an assassin! Why wouldn't I want to read it?!


5)Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)

A lot of my friends at school have read this trilogy and think that it's amazing. The rest of the world...not so much. I'm not entirely sure I want to read this trilogy. I'm not a werewolf girl and Maggie Steifvater has other books that look so much more interesting. I've actually checked the entire trilogy out the library at one point but read like a few pages and couldn't get into it.


6)Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #1)

The story of Cinderella is actually my favourite fairytale and people tell me to read this all the time. It's a twist on the original story of Cinderella where Cinderella is a cyborg! That's so cool, I need it now!


7)The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (The Fifth Wave #1)

Everyone who reads this book falls in love with it. I'm always told that I need to read it and I will eventually, or at least before the movie comes out next January because I want to fall in love with it too.


8)The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

This book is just amazing, or so I hear from all the people who recommend it to me. I don't know anything about this book or its movie, I have no clue what it's about and I intend to keep it that way before I inevitably read it.


9)Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Rainbow Rowell's writing is always recommended to me but Fangirl seems to be the one that most people love the most and tell me about. Truthfully, Eleanor and Park seems more my thing and I'll most likely read that one first but Fangirl is recommended more.


10)Winger by Andrew Smith (Winger #1)

A lot of people tell me to read this book and I have yet to read it but...I really want to! Not only is the cover/spine awesome but the book takes place at a boarding school! I absolutely adore boarding school books!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Laquesha! :)

    Cinder is a most! Meyer's world is so vivid and her characters become your best friends, seriously! I'm currently listening to Fangirl right now and it fills me with Happiness. It sort of reminds me of Anna and the French Kiss.

    Oh and the 5th Wave is really good, I listened to it on audible and the performances were ridiculous! It really set the bar for my audiobook expectations!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that just makes me really excited to read all of them! :D

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think :)