Barblog

Image Map

Sunday, 17 August 2014

Stockpile Sundays #3: Orange is the New Black


StockPile Sundays is a weekly meme that I created which allows you to share your obsessions from the past week. Stockpiling in the sense of addiction to particular things and not necessarily physical collection of objects. These "things" can range from books and TV-shows to little bits and bobs that you might discover in your everyday life. Today, let's talk about Orange is the New Black, a show who's two seasons I finished shamelessly in the last three days.



I cannot even begin to explain how much I love this show or why any of you guys should watch it, it's just phenomenal. Summary time. The show follows Piper Chapman, a woman in her thirties about to get married who goes to jail for a decade old crime that she committed with her ex-girlfriend, Alex Vause. It's all about her experience in jail and the friendships she forms and also, how her being in jail affects her loved ones.



Taylor Schilling does such an amazing job filling the role of Piper. She's an amazing actress. All of the characters just fit their role so perfectly and are so unimaginably funny and crazy that you can't help but loving them and laughing while watching this show. There are literally about 20 different characters you get to know in this show and all of them are perfect, unique and memorable.



The conflict in Orange is the New Black is absolutely surreal, both inside the prison and outside of it. Think about it, sweet Piper who's presumably only broken the law that one time stuck in prison with a bunch of outlaws AND her ex-girlfriend. Something bad's bound to happen there...and it does! Stuff happens and it is so sad, also happy, confusing and every other emotion that exists in this world. The drama just keeps me going!



The picture above is one of younger Piper and younger Alex. One of the reasons that I love this show so much is the flashbacks that happen in every episode. Each episode focuses on a different character while still focusing on Piper as well. That character's past is highlighted, the reason they are currently in prison and I think it really helps a lot to make the viewers develop a deep and personal relationship with all of the characters. It kind of ensures that they don't fade into the background, it keeps them relevant and lovable.



Clearly, I love this show a lot. I mean, I watched all twenty-six episodes in the past 72 hours and let me tell you, that is no small achievement. Each episode was like an hour long so really I used up around 26 hours of my life and it was worth every second of it! Seriously guys, watch this show. You know, if you want to. Anxiety is killing me waiting for the third season which doesn't come out until JUNE 2014 (lol, I mean 2015, oops)! I need it right now! But I guess I'll have to suck it up for the next 10 months. Watch the show so that we can fangirl together and I'll talk to you guys in my next blog post. Until next time, I love you guys to...infinity and beyond!

4 comments:

  1. “doesn't come out until JUNE 2014” If only that was true :( .... I cannot wait to see the next season. The show is just a bunch of awesome, and I also binge-watched it all in a matter of days, even though I’d never thought I would enjoy it.

    SPOILER: I hope V is gone for good, that woman was nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need the next season like right now! But I have nine month of waiting to do! Seriously, how long does it take to film thirteen episodes?! Season three's gonna be so good!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is a really great meme. It's funny that I posted about my last week obsession in my Sunday Post without even knowing about this meme. Anyhow for me it'd be Kate Daniels series. I'm really addicted. I haven't watched Orange is New Black but I have heard interesting things about it. I'm so happy you're loving this show. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to watch Orange is the New Black, it's sooooooooooo good! I think I'll check out the Kate Daniels series :)

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think :)