Barblog

Image Map

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Stockpile Sundays #2: In Which I Fangirl About Reign


StockPile Sundays is a weekly meme that I created which allows you to share your obsessions from the past week. Stockpiling in the sense of addiction to particular things and not necessarily physical collection of objects. These "things" can range from books and TV-shows to little bits and bobs that you might discover in your everyday life. Today, I will be discussing a show that has recently become my addiction: Reign.


If you do not know what Reign is, it is a TV-show that premiered last October on the CW which chronicles the reign of Mary, Queen of Scotland. I, however, did not start watching the show until July because at the time, I was hooked on the Originals and the Vampire Diaries and I did not want to dive into a show mid-season. What I think is really cool about the show is the fact that it actually follows real, historical events featuring real, historical people such as Mary, Queen of Scots, King Henry 2 of France, Catherine D'Medici, Queen Elizabeth 1 of England etc. etc. It took me about 7 episodes to figure that out.


It's not your regular boring Historical Fiction show, it's so exciting! It's filled with war and scandal and betrayal! To me, how I would class the show, it's a tamer version of Game of Thrones, there's still fighting and sex and everything else but it is not as gory or raw, it is a lot more suitable for younger ages. The actual plot of the show is just so interesting! Mary, since she was six years old has been engaged to Francis, the next king of France in an alliance that is supposed to help save her failing country from England's hand. But...and there is always a but, a seer tells Francis' mother, Queen Catherine, that Mary's union to Francis will being upon his death. What? Everything just changes from there and gets so twisted and complicated, I love it!


I am a sucker for anything that has princesses and castles in it. I'm also a sucker for anything that has GOOD love triangles in it and Reign has both of those things. The two men involved are above. On the left, we have Francis, the next king of France, the man betrothed to Mary and on the right, we have Bash, Francis' bastard brother who is the complication. This triangle is so good! They're both handsome, they're both really good for Mary. The only thing that Francis really has against Bash is his crown which Mary needs to save her country. The love triangle is perfection and coupled with the plot of the show, it makes it so much more amazing!


I cannot talk enough about Reign. It's such a fantastic show that I think everyone needs to be watching and fangirling about. It has all the qualities of an awesome TV-show: amazing plot, amazing protagonist and...they all have either British or Scottish accents! That is a bonus, right there! If you have not seen Reign as yet, just hop on the bandwagon because it is totally worth it and will keep you wanting more after each episode. It kind of sucks that we have to wait until October, I think, for the second season to arrive! I hope that I have convinced you guys about my love for this show and hopefully, you decide to watch it and fall in love as well. I will talk to you guys in my next blog post which is today, actually, I have an ARC review coming your way! I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!

Follow my blog on BlogLovin'!