Barblog

Image Map

Monday, 18 August 2014

Currently Reading (Wizards, Drunks + more!)

Hey, guys! Thank you for stopping by. Today, I thought that I would take this time to share with you the books that I am currently reading if you can't already tell from the title. I haven't really gotten into the books that I'm reading right now, I'm not that far in but hopefully, I will just devour them soon.

Save Yourself by Kelly Braffet

I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book from BloggingForBooks which is a blogger review program where you can request books and they ship them to you free of charge. All they want is an honest review. I'm only about 60 ages into this book and I like it so far. This is a psychological thriller, I believe. I haven't gotten deep enough into the book to where the weird, scary stuff happens but so far, I think it's good. The writing style is nice and I love how, between chapters, it focuses on a different character. The book follows five characters: Patrick whose father killed a child while drunk; Mike who is Patrick's brother; Caro who is Mike's girlfriend; Layla who is a goth girl that befriends Patrick and Verna, Layla's younger sister. It's all about how their lives and secrets become intertwined and binds them together. I'm hoping that I like the one because the premise seems really interesting and I really need to hurry up and read it because at the moment, The Martian by Andy Weir is on BloggingForBooks and you can't request another book until you've reviewed the one you have.



I've actually only read the prologue of the Wizard's Gift but I thought I'd throw it in there anywhere because, while it's the only thing I've read, it really drew me in and made me want to read more of this book. The reason that I'm reading this one is because I am participating in its blog tour which is happening in later August (more details on that later) but I am really excited and it seems like it's going to be a good one! Obviously, if you can't tell by the massive spear-thing on the cover, it is fantasy and follows a new race of men whom a wizard left a gift for. That's all I knew diving into this book but that's pretty freakin' exciting! I can't wait to read and review this one!


So, yes! Those are the two books that I am reading which begs the question : What are you currently reading? Feel free to let me know in the comments down below. Until next time, I love you guys...to infinity and beyond!