Barblog

Image Map

Saturday, 5 July 2014

Most Anticipated Book-to-Movie Adaptations of 2014

Welcome back to my blog, guys. I hope that you all are having a wonderful day and a wonderful vacation, for those of us who are lucky enough to be on break from school. Today, we're going to discuss something that's really, really exciting: book-to-movie adaptations (I write this, as if the title isn't obvious enough). I'm going to admit something to you guys; most of the movies that I will be mentioning, I have yet to read their corresponding books...but that's okay, I still reserve the right to be excited for them. And I will read them...eventually, hopefully before their movies come out. One more thing, I chose not to include Mockingjay on this list because, to be honest, I have no love for both the Hunger Games books and the movies. So...yeah, just in case you were wondering. Hope that you enjoy reading this and it brings a smile to your face to maybe recognise some of your most anticipated!

Toodle-ooo,
Laquesha <3


1) The Giver by Lois Lowry
I read this book last December and I remember loving it so much that I continued on with the rest of the quartet and I flew through through the second and third book. I actually plan on reading the final book during this school break. It was a super short and cute read, less than 200 pages and was extremely intriguing. I loved the characters and the premise was really awesome. I just think that it's one of those books that one must read in their lifetime, it's that good and I'm super pumped to see how this plays out on the big screen. The movie comes out on August 15th.

2)If I Stay by Gayle Forman
I actually have yet to read this book or any Gayle Forman book for that matter but I hear that they're really good and I like my really good books. This movie adaptation had to be on this list because Chloe Grace Moretz, she's an amazing actress and I know that she is going to kill this role. From what I can grasp from the trailer, the movie/book is about a girl whose entire family dies in a car crash and she's the only one left alive, sort of, she's stuck in a coma but can like see and hear everything that's happening around her. She has to decide whether she wants to stay alive and be an orphan but be with the guy that she loves or move on and be with her family. The premise just sounds really fantastic and I can't wait to read the book, hopefully before the movie comes out on August 22nd.

3)The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I'm writing this blog post from my iPad and for some reason, I couldn't download the actual movie poster from IMDb so I just thought we'd settle for a really sexy photo of Dylan O'Brien because why not? Let's be honest, he is the only reason that I'm really excited for this movie. I love him on Teen Wolf and I think that he will do an amazing job as Thomas in this movie. I've heard a lot of mixed things about this trilogy, some people love it, some people hate it. I, personally, had no interest in reading it until this movie. I think it's about a group of kids stuck on the opposite side of a ginormous maze with no way out. Every once in a while, the maze like opens and they send a few of them, called runners, into it to try to find a way out. That's all I know, sounds cool, I hope it's cool. Comment down below if you've read this and are excited for the movie which comes out on September 19th.

4)Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I haven't actually heard many people talk about this book-to-movie adaptation which is to be released on October 3rd, which, just in case you're wondering, is two days after my 16th birthday so...that should be exciting. The movie is about a man whose wife goes missing on their fifth wedding anniversary and he reports it which starts this whole controversy about whether or not he murdered his wife. The book is supposed to be super mysterious and thrilling and I can't wait to read it before watching the movie.

Those are all of the adaptations that I am looking forward to this year. I'm curious, are you looking forward to any of them mentioned as well? Or are there a few that I forgot to mention that you're sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for? Comment down below and tell me! <3 


 


2 comments:

  1. I’m also excited for all of these except for Gone Girl – I don’t like Ben Affleck at all, eww.
    I want to see The Giver most of all, but I have yet to read the book before the movie comes out.
    I’ve read The Maze Runner. In retrospect, I don’t like it that much anymore, but I still need to watch the movie because of Dylan O’Brien and Kaya Scodelario. I love these two.
    I’ve never been interested in reading If I Stay, because I don’t think it’s my type of book, but the trailer is so emotional that I think I might actually see the movie without reading the book – which is something that I rarely do.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you like Ben Affleck? lol
    You NEED to read the Giver, it's so so so so so good!
    IKR! Dylan O' Brien is so hot!
    If I Stay does look like it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)