Barblog

Image Map

Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Currently Reading (Dangerous Boys, Angels, Outposts + More!)

Hey guys! I hope you all are well and happy! I know that I haven't uploaded in five days and that is due to the fact that I haven't had a lot of computer time recently and it's extremely difficult to create anything other than text posts on my iPad and I've been wanting to post a lot of reviews lately of the books that I've been reading and the Blogger app just doesn't have the HTML capability which is suckish. Also, I've been simultaneously trying to fix my blog i.e it's design and make it better and cooler and I'm afraid that's really time consuming, I'm sorry. I'm going to try to upload daily now and hopefully post more reviews but...for now, today, we are going to be discussing the two books that I am currently reading. Just keep in mind that I am not finished reading these two books and I am going to fully review them when I am done but these are just my natural and current thoughts based on the point in the book which I have reached. So I hope you enjoy reading, feel free to shoot me a comment if you do!

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush #1)
Hush, Hush is an angel book, or at least, that's what I get from the cover. I don't know much about it, except that it has really mixed reviews on Goodreads, people either really hate or really love this book series, there's no in between. So, I'm about 28 pages into this book and I've been at this point for days now, I don't know why! I just can't! I mean, it's not a bad book. Actually, I don't honestly know if it's a bad book or not because I haven't gotten far enough in to really have an opinion. I can say though, the prologue was EXTREMELY confusing and a little bit stupid, quite frankly, because prologues are supposed to develop books somehow and give the reader a little backstory/sneak peek of what they're in store for and this prologue did nothing for me! The only thing it made me feel was annoyance. Also, I feel nothing for any of the characters yet and I don't know how I feel about that. I need to pick up the pace at which I'm reading this book because I am eight books behind on my 2014 60-book reading challenge and I have to rectify that and I don't know if it's the prologue or what that's making me hesitant to read this book.


E by Kate Wrath (E #1)
I received an e-book copy of this book for review from the author who was so nice and polite and I was super excited to read this book because the synopsis sounded really awesome. It's really difficult
to explain but basically, the book is about this girl who wakes up in a box not really knowing who she is because she's been...erased which means that your memories are taken away and that's really dangerous because then you can be sold into slavery by slavers. Long story short, she meets some really cool friends, forms some bonds and comes into contact with the mysterious, dangerous and literally sexy as hell...Matthew. This novel tells you the story of the girl, Eden, as she named herself and how she survives living in Outpost Three avoiding sentries, struggling to put food on the table and dealing with Matthew and everything else that's going on. So far, I'm really enjoying reading this book, I'm about 170 pages in. I think that the plot is interesting and I really really like the protagonist! She's a girl but...she's not girly, she's kind of kickass, actually and she's the kind of person that you want to party with because you know...you will have a good time! And she can gamble...what else do you need? I really hope that there's a possibility of a Eden-Matthew relationship because they would be so cute together! As much as I'm loving the book, I feel like certain aspects of the story haven't been explained and maybe it's because I'm not far enough in yet but I think that more needs to be said about erasure and exactly how Matt who seems to be only like eighteen or nineteen got into power because I'm not really sure about that. I really hope that as the book progresses, it's further explained because I'm really loving this and I WANT TO KNOW!! *cough cough* because I might be having an interview with the author *cough cough*

So...yep those are the two books that I'm currently reading and I'm glad I got to share my little thoughts with you guys because I love books and I want to love both of these books. Actually, I want to love all the books that I read but that's not possible, sadly. *sighs* Reader problems. Anyways, I will talk to you guys later, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read my rambles. Love you to the moon and back.

Toodle-ooo,
Laquesha <3

2 comments:

  1. Lol, did I hear someone coughing? Wow, what a surprise, Laquesha. I didn't know you were reading E yet! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I can't really say anything, except that I really enjoyed writing Matt and he might be my favorite character. I will tell you that not everything is answered in this book, so I hope it doesn't disappoint. There was just too much for one book, and the story continues. I've finished my first edit of the second book in the series, so hopefully that will be out in the Fall. I'm just so glad you're enjoying it so far!

    Limited computer time? I'd die! I need a brain implant complete with wi-fi. Then I'll be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Matt so much! Like him and Eden are just perfection! I have like less than a hundred pages left to finish the book and it's so good! I love the characters so much, especially Oscar who is quite adorable! Yay, Fall cannot come soon enough!

      lol, that's how I'm feeling right now, I'm dying, literally!

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think :)