Barblog

Image Map

Saturday, 3 May 2014

My Rating System Explained


Hey, lovelies! I really wanted to explain my rating system today i.e the weird cupcake thing that I post on all of my reviews. They're not stars because cupcakes are cuter and can you eat stars? Nope. I love reviewing books, I love reading and sharing my opinion on the books that I read. Most of all, I love having cute discussions on books that I've read whether they were amazing, suckish or just in-between, it's really fun. I, however, feel the need to explain what requirements are necessary for the books I read to reach different cupcake levels so that you guys can understand so that we can feel each other better, you know what I'm saying? Sooooo...let's go, down below, going with the flow, ran out of words ending in 'ow" Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
Toodle-ooo,
~Laquesha <3


image descriptionIt Sucked!
If I rate a book one cupcake, then it means I absolutely HATED it! There probably wasn't anything that I thought was likable about it and more likely than not, I disliked the main character. For me to give a book one cupcake, everything needs to be off; the writing, the plot, the characters, they all need to suck. I need to either be extremely confused or extremely bored. Maybe, even angry because Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist made me angry and I rated that one cupcake. So, just give me a shitty, senseless book and I'll give you one cupcake :)


image descriptionimage descriptionStill Suckish but...Not Totally
Two-cupcake books are just...okay, they're books that I really disliked but had maybe one element that I did like that stopped me from lowering the rating. Such a book is Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski. I will rate a book two cupcakes if the writing is poor and disgusting and the characters are stupid and unimpressionable BUT the plot is sound, poorly done, but interesting. If that makes any sense at all.

image descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionGood-ish
When I rate a book three cupcakes, it means that I liked it. I thought it was cute and easy to read but there might've been a few problems, usually with the characters who might not have been interesting or might not have left a deep impression on me. Sometimes, the plot is creative but missed something, was slightly well-done. One such case is The Here and Now by Ann Brashares. I loved the premise of the book but it lacked something, I couldn't put my finger on it but...it did.

image descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionWhoa, mama! You were awesome!
This rating, is typically given to amazing, fantastic, glorious books that I loved but couldn't rate five cupcakes because of one, just one tiny problem that's usually unidentifiable to a normal person. Like a normal person probably won't notice or care about what I care about but...I care about it. It's honestly something small like an annoying trait of a not-so-main character who happens to appear a lot.

image descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionYAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!!!!
Five cupcake ratings are sometimes few and far between for me but I love when I rate a book five cupcakes! It means that I found no faults in it! I loved everything; the characters were amazing and well-developed, the world was kick-ass and interesting and basically, everything was loved and appreciated. These books are the ones that stick with me, the ones that I fantasize about, that leave me thinking about them for a long time after reading. I love, love, love them!!!!