Barblog

Image Map

Sunday, 13 April 2014

Review:Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices #1)

bookreview Rating:image descriptionimage descriptionimage descriptionimage description
Title:Clockwork Angel
Author:Cassandra Clare
Publisher:Simon and Schuster, Margaret K. McElderry
Publication Date:August 31st 2010
Source:Library
Format:Paperback
Pages:479

Goodreads|Amazon|Barnes and Noble|Indigo>


In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....

Review
I really wanted to read this book mainly to compare and contrast the Infernal Devices trilogy with the Mortal Instruments series because I absolutely love the Mortal Instruments series.. I liked this book, I really did love it a lot. I'm not sure if I loved it as much as I do the Mortal Instruments series but there's still two more books to go.

This read started a bit slow for me and was a bit unbearable for a while and that's why I didn't give it five stars. I felt as if it was just filled with pages and pages of unnecessary information but it picked up at around the middle of the book. From then on, it was just like BAM, action around every corner. There were plot twists that were extremely surprising and had me dying to pick up the second book. I feel that it had just enough intrigue to keep me coming back for more.

WILL-FREAKIN-HERONDALE. OMG! Throughout the entire book, I was just like in awe of how stunningly similar he was to Jace personality-wise. I'm gonna assume that because his last name is Herondale, he is in some way related to Jace. Just as Jace, his character was really well-developed, really funny, lovable and just downright sexy. He just had this kind of bad-boy-with-a-dark-past feel to him and I loved it. Overall, the characters and their interactions with one another were perfectly written and definitely contributed to my love for the story.

This novel was fantastic and I'm really looking forward to continuing with the trilogy and I hope the other books are even better than this one was.


Final Sentence of the Book
"Why don't you tell me what the problem is?" - Magnus Bane

Read if you enjoy...
Adventure~Warlocks~Cassandra Clare~ShadowHunters

Similar Books
cassieclarecassieclare

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Toodle-ooo
~Lsquesha <3