Barblog

Image Map

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Review: The Timekeeper by Mitch Albom


bookreview Rating:image descriptionimage descriptionimage description
Title:The Time Keeper
Author:Mitch Albom
Publisher:Hyperion
Publication Date:September 4th 2012
Source:Library
Format:Hardcover
Pages:224

Goodreads|Amazon|Barnes and Noble|Indigo


In this fable, the first man on earth to count the hours becomes Father Time. The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, with his soul nearly broken, Father Time is granted his freedom, along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.

He returns to our world--now dominated by the hour-counting he so innocently began--and commences a journey with two unlikely partners: one a teenage girl who is about to give up on life, the other a wealthy old businessman who wants to live forever. To save himself, he must save them both. And stop the world to do so.

Review
I enjoyed reading this book but it wasn't a five-cupcake read for me, it was just okay. I liked the premise, it was weird but intriguing and well-written so it was really quick to get through. The characters weren't impressionable enough to really stick with me and I feel like I forgot about them immediately after closing this book. The ending was kind of iffy for me, it wasn't the worst, it wasn't the best, it was just norms.


I loved the plot of the book, it was really cool and interesting to like see how time started and who started counting. I really enjoyed the whole idea of "Father Time" because who ever thought he really existed? I felt that the story was really fastpaced or maybe it was just short. Idk, anyway, I read this in a few hours because it was an easy,quick read and had just enough of that Ummph to capture my attention.

I didnt particularly like the characters of this novel and I didn't particularly hate them either, they didn't really stick with me. They were kind of boring, really, and had not much depth and personality so when I was done reading I didn't really have an opinion for any of them. Father Time was the most significant character and even he wasn't all that super!

Um, the ending of this book was alright, nothing too special. I liked it but I didn't love it and I'm going to be honest, I didn't quite understand some parts of it. I thought it was cute, though, and it had me saying "AWWWW!" a lot.



I liked this book, a lot but I wasn't in love with it. Do I think it's worth a read? Absolutely. Do I think you should read it? Absolutely. Just because I didn't think it was fan-frickin-tastic doesn't mean that you won't. It was a cute read, nothing too shabby and that's why I gave it three cupcakes :)



Final Sentence of the Book
And as that glass is lifted by curious workers, someplace far away-someplace indescribable in the pages of a book-a man named Dor and a woman named Alli run barefoot up a hillside, tossing stones, laughing with their children, and time never crosses their minds.

Read if you enjoy...
Adventure~Time Travel~Love

Similar Books
imgimg
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Toodle-ooo
~Laquesha