Barblog

Image Map

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Current TBR Pile

So this blog post is pretty self-explanatory. I thought it would be interesting to do a post of the books currently on my bookshelf that I OWN but have yet to read. They aren't that many. Well, at least compared to the mountains that some people have. P.S Ignore my blog "Design" at the moment, it's in the works. So...that is all! I hope that enjoyment fills your heart while you're reading this and toodle-ooo!

Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (Delirium #1 and #2)

image descriptionimage description


I have wanted to read the Delirium trilogy forever! And I will get to them, I just need the time and I also need to get the third book so that I could marathon them and dive into their awesomeness because...they are awesome, everyone says so. I'm not entirely sure what they're are about, believe it or not. I know that it has to do with love being a disease and getting cured for it...something like that. I'm going to assume that the lead character doesn't want to get cured and it's gonna go from there


Hush,Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush,Hush #1)

image description

I have heard mixed reviews about this series. Some people love it, some people hate its guts. I really am excited to read it and get a feel for my opinion and a friend of a friend really raves about it so...I just had to try it out!! I had to! I actually don't know the premise of this novel, I just know that it has something to do with angels (I got that from the cover, teehee :P)


My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

image description

I recently showed this book in my Micro Haul and I have yet to read it but I am going to soon, I swear because I really want to watch the movie adaptation. I know it's about a girl who was born to be a bone marrow transfer for her older sister who has cancer, I think. That's all I know. It seems like it's going to be really sad and I'm super excited to reeeeeeeadddddd it!!!!!


The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood (The Poison Diaries #1)

poison diaries

I have had this for a few years now and quite frankly, I don't really know if I'm interested in reading this. I don't know what it's about and I've heard NOTHING about it, good or bad. I might just read to, idk, try it but...I'm not sure if I'm ever going to pick it up.


Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Divergent #3)

allegiant veronica roth

Okay...before you shoot me! I loved Divergent and Insurgent (Insurgent, more though) and I am dying to read it but...unfortunately, my kind heart lent it out to a friend while I was reading Insurgent and she hasn't finished yet so...as soon as I get it back, I'm going to drop EVERYTHING and just read it. I don't care what I'm doing at the time, if I'm in the shower and I get it back, I'll sit on the shower floor if I have to. I need to finish Allegiant before Divergent comes out


Night Star by Alyson Noel (The Immortals #5)

night star by alyson noel

JUST STOP! Stop whatever you're doing and let's just take a moment of silence to admire the beauty of the this cover. Look at it! It's gorgeous! A minute later... This series gets a lot of hate and don't hate me but I LOVE IT! Sorry, haters. I just, something about it just gets me, idk, it's my series, guys. You know those series that you just unquestionably like without any viable reason? Yep, this is mine. I just think it's sweet and cute and the previous instalment, Dark Flame, ended in such a cliffhanger, I can't wait to read this.


Ruby Red by Kiersten Gier (Precious Stone Trilogy #1)

ruby reb kerstin gier

I have just been hearing so much about this book on booktube lately and nothing had really drawn in about it, except that it was about time travelling?! How cool is that?! I was really propelled to buy it by the fact that the author is actually German and the original language of the text before it was translated was German. Idk, I just think that's really cool. And there's a movie so that's awesome. It's in German though so...SUBTITLES FOR THE WIN!


Paper Towns by John Green

john green

John Green is one of my favourite authors. I've read his books Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars and I bought this because his writing is...perfection :)


Silas Marner by George Eliot

silasmarner

I won this a few years back as an award from school and I'm a little skeptical about reading it because this is a classic that dates back to the 1800s and idk, that scares me. I don't think, besides Shakespeare's work, that I've ever read something that old and I wonder if it's any good? I really hope so because I want to read some more classics!


So, there you have it! Those are all the books that I own that are unread and...they will eventually be read, given the fact that I LOVE to read and find the most peculiar joys in curling up in my bed with a book. I hope you enjoyed reading! What are your unread books? Is there an abundance or is your TBR pile graciously empty?